Vigne Chigi – Pallagrello Nero Wine
Pallagrello is one of the few grapes in the world to be both black and white. A wine so loved by King Ferdinand IV of Bourbon that he ordered the court gardeners to plant it in the spectacular Ventaglio vineyard behind the Royal Palace of Caserta. The wine is powerful but elegant, with a deep ruby colour and great structure. It is aged partly in steel and partly in barriques. The nose immediately reveals scents of fresh jam, raspberries and blueberries. The palate is harmonious, the tannins are soft and elegant, the persistence is long.
Pallagrello Nero Wine
- Production Area: Hilly area of the city of Pontelatone, at the foot of Mount Friento in the province of Caserta.
- Agronomic characteristics of soils: Clay with a notable presence of exotic carbonate, facing south-west, with an elevation of 200m above sea level.
- Grapes: 100% Pallagrello Nero
- Training system: Guyot
- Plant density: 4000 plants / ha
- Vineyard yield: 60 q
- Harvest: Manual harvest in 20kg boxes
- Harvest time: First, second and third week of October
- Vinification: The grapes are immediately transported to the cellar, where they are destemmed and pressed; then fermented in steel vats where they macerate for 10-12 days. The refinement take place in oak barrels and part in steel for 12 months. In bottle, before being put on the market, a further refinement of 6 months take place.
- Organoleptic Profile: Clear ruby red wine. On the nose it is possible to perceive hints of cherry , ripe citrus, spicy and licorice notes. In the mouth an authoritative structure stands out with a pleasant and delicate spicy finish .
- Pairings: Structured first courses, red meats, feathered game, semi mature cheeses, cold cuts.
- Bottle size: 750 ml
- Serving temperature: 18-20 °C