Vigne Chigi – Pallagrello White Wine
Pallagrello is one of the few grapes in the world to be both black and white. It was so loved by King Ferdinand IV of Bourbon that he ordered the court gardeners to plant it in the spectacular Ventaglio vineyard behind the Royal Palace of Caserta. The wine has a straw yellow colour. The refinement takes place in stainless steel. On the nose it immediately presents hints of fresh fruit, melon, pineapple and banana. The palate has a good balance and persistence.
Pallagrello White Wine
- Production Area: Hilly area of the city of Pontelatone, at the foot of Mount Friento in the province of Caserta.
- Agronomic characteristics of soils: Clay with a notable presence of exotic carbonate, elevation of 200m above sea level.
- Grapes: 100% Pallagrello Bianco
- Training system: Guyot
- Plant density: 4000 plants / ha
- Vineyard yield: 70 q / ha
- Harvest: Manual harvest in 20 kg boxes
- Harvest time: Second and third week of September
- Vinification: The grapes are immediately transported to the cellar, where they are pressed whole with soft pressing; the fermentation take place in steel fermenters at a controlled temperature.
- Organoleptic profile: Wine medium yellow in color with green reflections. On the nose it is possible to perceive very original hints of melon, almond, broom flowers and mint. In the mouth it has excellent flavor and good freshness.
- Pairings: Buffalo mozzarella, seafood, shellfish, molluscs, pizza, cheese “Capotempo di Capua”.
- Bottle size: 750 ml
- Serving temperature: 10-12 °C